RSCA Indoor Tournament Rules :
The following rules will be followed for the upcoming tournament,
these have been decided by RSCA Executive Body:
1) There will be 8 players allowed to bat on each side.
2) Only 5 will be allowed to field in the lower gym and 6 will be
allowed to field in the Upper Gym.
3) Each Match will consist of 10 overs per side, and each Baller will
be limited to 3overs per innings.
4) A catchl will be allowed off the side walls if the fielder
catches the ball with One hand only.
5) Over throws are allowed.
6) No LBW rule is in play.
7) A direct aerial hit on the far wall will result in 6runs and an
indirect hit will result in a 4runs.
8) Only the scheduled teams at the time will be allowed in the Lower
Gym at the time
9) The score sheet will be the official score.
10) In the upper gym if the ball goes out of play, or is obstructed it
will be counted as 1 run by default.
11) In the upper gym if the ball goes in the stands on the upper level
it will be counted as 2runs, unless the ball bounces back into the
court in which case the batsman will have to run and score runs.
12) In the Upper Gym if the ball is played off the bat and it hits the
back wall, directly or indirectly 2runs will be awarded.
13) There are no byes or leg byes allowed in this tournament.
14) SPECIAL RULES: A run scored by a female player will be counted as
double. i.e. if the female player scores 1 run, it will be counted as
15) SPECIAL RULES: A female player will be allowed to catch the ball,
off the wall with both hands instead of one.
16)For lower gym hitting directly to the basket ball post of the far side will also result in 6 runs. Hitting indirectly to basket ball post of the far side will also result in 4 runs.
RSCA is an independent Student’s Cricket body, in Ryerson University, working towards promoting and establishing the game of Cricket.
RSCA Cricket Rules were published in the year 2003. These rules are widely followed and practiced in all indoor cricket played at Ryerson University .